Thursday, April 7, 2016

SLO#2 For the Good or For their Self-Interests?

What I took away from my research, is that slavery may have been abolished because, well, the slaves were an obstacle that was hindering the economy. Though, I am certain that several individuals did feel the unwarranted treatment over the slaves it may not have been the only reason why slavery was abolished. I was really expecting to find a major economic deficit when slavery was abolished but I couldn't seem to locate anything devastating. That kind of strikes me as odd, the slaves were a major labor force for the colonies and when they were no longer forced for their labor, I expected something a little traumatic. I want to look into it more and try to seek something that shows economic figures surrounding slavery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment